So, as I said in my short “I’m not dead” post, I stopped reading other people’s blogs for some time, too. They had the gall to keep posting, though! The nerve! So when I opened my feed reader, I was greeted by no fewer than 812 MMO blog posts.
There was no way I would be able to read them all in any sensible amount of time, so I had to grab my machete and cut down left and right. I went through all posts and marked as read lots of them, depending on their topics. I marked as read, but didn’t read:
- Everything related to Guild Wars 2. I’m not all that interested in the game. Maybe I’ll try it at a later point, but I only skimmed over the beta-related posts when I was still reading daily, so this was a no-brainer. I guess if I’m interested, I’ll just read whatever posts will float by from now on.
- Everything related to Mass Effect 3. I haven’t played the game yet, but want to at some point. I didn’t read any of those posts because 90% of them were about the game’s ending, and as such spoilers. All I gathered was that the ending sucked, and that people weren’t out of their minds with astonishment over the alternate ending either.
- Everything related to SW:TOR. That means one blog got completed marked as read without ever looking at the posts. Sorry Shintar of Going Commando! I just never got into the game. Just like with Guild Wars 2 however, I’ll probably read what will float by from now on. From skimming over posts in other blogs, I gathered that there are server merges (probably a healthy thing), some confusion about the implementation of said merges, and an unlimited trial just like with WoW and RIFT. That’s all I need to know right now.
- Almost everything related to Diablo 3. Beta didn’t grab me, so eh.
- Most things related to RIFT. I read there will be an expansion. My highest character is somewhere in the 40ies. I’ll probably follow the news once the expansion is released.
Of course, that means I probably missed a lot. The whole 38 Studios fiasco is something I only heard very vague things about, and might read up on at a later point. There was some coverage about City of Steam in some blogs, but it went unread by me. Finally, sorry to the MMO Melting Pot! You’re great, but I had almost 100 posts from your feed, and seeing how each of these links to, on average, 2-3 other blog posts, that went out of hand too fast. I marked as read everything except for the last 5 posts. It’s sad, but I had to cut somewhere.
Now I’m down to 324 posts. Hm. Might still take some time until I’m back on top of everything.